GCH timer fuse problem

The gch of my flat is a wall mounted "Apollo" Thorn EMI boiler

"Towerchron" -clocktype timer with adjacent fused socket. The pump i less than 2yrs old and the rest is the original which came with th flat. In the last month the fused(5amp fuse) socket of the timer has blow twice. If I remove the clock face of the timer and treat any movin parts with WD40 is this likely to help the problem or is it just

2time coincidence? Thank you

-- mikehh

Reply to
mikehh

I think you'll find that the fuse actually protects all of the electrics in the system. So it probably isn't the 'clock' at fault. Could be a failing pump (if there is one), or the boiler, and may be due to some kind of insulation breakdown or earth fault.

Reply to
Bob Eager

In message , mikehh writes

Bound sure to work

never known to fail

especially for diybanter posters

tit

Reply to
geoff

You have an intermittent electrical fault. The prime suspect for these is the pump. Pumps last random amounts of time 2 years is unlucky.

It could be other things, the clock is less likely to be faulty than almost anything else. Spraying it with WD40 et al will do no good, you will attract dust and dirt into the mechanism.

Reply to
Ed Sirett