gazebo

We have a small garden and I want to buy a 2m x 2m or maybe a 2.5m x 2.5m gazebo. It has to have at least 2 side panels and be able to stand a moderate breeze - perhaps wind force 3. I am looking to spend around £100. Does anyone have experience of such a thing and would they recommend any particular make? Thank you

Reply to
Stewart

I have found that the self-erecting ones have a stronger frame, often aluminium sections, stronger than the push-fit steel tube frames which bend and rust. But I don't know of any as small as 2m square and suspect that the smallest might be 2.8m or 3m. I weight mine down with a gallon of water on each 'leg', 2 four pint plastic milk containers are good for this as they have handles for the fixings as it has to stand on a paved patio area, so no possibility of using pegs. It hasn't blown away yet. They are probably all made in China so the make is immaterial.

Reply to
Gedcom

you can certainly get them:

nop experience of them though.

We have a couple of the cheap (around £25 IIRC) steel tube framed ones. Other than being a bit of a faff to put up they have been fine really- the weak point being the plastic joints which can easily break if it blows over.

Gguyed down, they can take a fair bit of wind. We had one on a campsite a few years ago. Quite open, near the coast, and the wind was blowing right across the field. no idea how strong but probably at least Force

  1. I should have taken it down, but was being lazy. with 2 guys on each corner it didn't blow away, but in the middle of the night, it bent neatly at the lower leg joint and sort of sat down on it's knees. But way beyond any design capacity I imagine :-)

But for a budget of £100 i'd be looking for some sort of 'pop up' one

Reply to
chris French