Gazebo

I was planning to buy a Gazebo but need to lay suitable foundations first (the area of the garden can get quite wet during periods of heavy rainfall). I don't want to put anything too permanent down, like concrete, just in case I wish to remove it in a few years. My plan was to dig out a hole the shape of the gazebo around 5-6 inches deep and fill it with gravel then lay paving slabs on top of this to raise the base off ground level. Will this be sufficient?

Reply to
Mario Lanza

If you follow that basic idea, but use Type 1 MOT instead of gravel. Whack it down well with a plate vibrator, then stick an inch of sharp sand over the top (so you have a smooth surface for the slabs, whack that as well, and rule it off level with a long plank. Lay slabs on that.

Reply to
John Rumm