Gaz and Leccy

I would love a Gas Smartmeter. It would mean that I had a gas supply, which at present is impossible, as gas hasn't reached this village.

Reply to
Davey

Mains gas hasn't reached this village, either. Yet I have gas heating and cooking. Not from bottles, either.

Reply to
Adrian

Bullshit?

Reply to
dennis

Nope. It's delivered in a truck, to a 1200l tank just inside the back gate.

Bog standard bulk LPG.

Reply to
Adrian

It's just a very big bottle.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Doctor after my hand operation will I be able to play the piano?

Of course

Great, because I can't now.

tim

Reply to
tim...

Got to use this a few years ago in A&E as the doctor stitched up a large cut in my right forefinger. Except I said the guitar. The nurse must have heard it before, because she started to giggle before the punch-line, but the doctor fell for it hook, line & sinker.

Almost worth the six stitches.

Reply to
Huge

Calor ? Do they predictively top it up ?

Reply to
Jethro_uk

So its bottled.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

We have a gas-fired cooking hob. But it doesn't need a smartmeter!

Reply to
Davey

No digester then? TNP could run half of wales from his.

Reply to
dennis

Denise, I have told you before that to consider everyone else is just like you, is a possibly dangerous mistake.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Mine was singing opera and a major throat operation! Perhaps they had heard it before and were just humouring a paying patient?

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Paying? This was Bedford NHS hospital.

Reply to
Huge

Not at the moment, but it was until recently. Now ExtraFuel, but there's a whole raft of suppliers, some of whom are just resellers of others.

They could do, if I had a GSM sensor on the tank. Which would be a bit pointless, since there's no GSM signal here. There's a gauge on the top, which I check every now and then.

Reply to
Adrian

No. It's bulk, delivered into a fixed tank.

Reply to
Adrian

as opposed to bulk, delivered in a fixed tank.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I am happy with an oil fired boiler and an induction hob. Almost certainly safer, and in the case of the hob, easier to use. A spill can be easily wiped up, and the digital control gives a precise heat input setting.

Reply to
Michael Chare

I'm not sure I'd call 90 litres "bulk", nor would I call a 47kg cylinder particularly "fixed".

Reply to
Adrian

Although it has not gone that way, we have recently been considering several houses with oil heating. One thing I have never liked is the sound of most oil burners. Not unbearable, but I'd rather something less like a jet engine.

Reply to
polygonum