Gates in West Yorks?

does anyone know or reccomend where I can get a pair of 10ft driveway gates at a reasonable price in West Yorks with paying over the odds. I can fit them myself, so I don't want to be charged for that. I am an ex structural steelworker, so I have some ideas on what goes into making gates etc.

Thanks

Reply to
Bob H

Why don't you make them yourself?

It's cheap and easy to buy the bits.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Well I could, but to be honest I can't be bothered nowadays. Anyways, I don't have a welder (machine) but I know I could hire one. I don't really know where I could buy the parts needed, but I know I would have to look around. No, its easier to buy them ready made.

Cheers

Reply to
Bob H

OK, but we're in Leeds and have welders if you change your mind. We shan't charge.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Timber or metal?

ERROR: Contradictory statements in previous sentance.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Ok, so whereabouts are you in Leeds then, and can you tell/suggest to me where I can buy all the metal to make them. What type of welders do you have, mig, tig or electric arc, or even gas welders? Its years (too many) since I used a gas welder.

Thanks

Reply to
Bob H

My brother lives in Barlby (Nr Selby) and has his own company making gates, railings etc. He is always working in and around the Leeds area. If you want I can get him to E Mail or call you. He has a large portfolio of designs and completed jobs, etc. he can show you first

Cheers

John

Reply to
John

Hi John, have you got his number so I can ring him or ????

Thanks

Reply to
Bob H

Metal/steel, actually. I should have said so in the first place

Reply to
Bob H

Yes sure I can provide that. Not sure he would like his details posted on a newsgroup but if you can let me have a non spam trap email I will forward it to you or I will get him to call you if you let me have your number. Where abouts are you in Leeds and I will ask him for any work he may have done nearby you and you can have a butchers at it.

Cheers

John

Reply to
John

ok John, no I don't like giving me email addy out, coz you know what happens? loads and loads of spam Try this Leeds 2739903, its my works number. If I'm not there tell him to leave me his number and I'll return the call.

Oh, I'm in xgates

cheers

Reply to
Bob H

Hi Bob, he tried to ring you on Friday at some point, but it just kept ringing out no reply so he couldn't leave a message. If you want to contact him on Monday he says give him a call on his mobile which is 07742 317 680.

Cheers

John

Reply to
John