Gaskets for 20mm uPVC conduit bends??

Can you get them? BESA (round) boxes come with gaskets as an option, but I don't seem to be able to locate any gaskets for short or long bends.

I have a couple outside, currently bodged with silicone.

Reply to
Tim Watts

You mean the bends with a removable inspection/access panel?

Reply to
John Rumm

Yes indeed :)

Reply to
Tim Watts

I know Clipsal used to do them for galvanised iron if you are doing the job to last :)

If uPVC, do you need to impress a BCO with an "approved" item or can you just cut your own from gasket material? Or the nearest rubber/nitrile/DPM that's a couple or 3 mm thick?

Reply to
Robin

Master of the Obvious! Why did I not think of that :)

"It works" is all the approval that's needed :) There are drain holes at the lowest points (waterproof socket in this case) but ideally we don't really want water running in in any quantity.

I was just surprised to find I could not source any. Otherwise I'd have used BESA boxes. Only have a couple in an exposed location...

Thanks for that...

Reply to
Tim Watts