Gas valve on Myson/Apollo 15/30

Hi, My Apollo 15/30B boiler has got a Honeywell "V4600A 1023" gas valve on it which has gone faulty (pilot light not staying lit even though thermocouple is fine). I was wondering if it is OK to replace it for a "V4006C 1029" (it's cheaper!)? The only difference I can see between the two models in the spec sheets is that the 'C' model has a soft-start (softlite) feature. I can't really see this being detrimental to the operation of the boiler.

Does anyone thinks this is OK or a bad move?

Cheers, aled.

Reply to
Aled Hughes

You might do when it fires up...!

tarquinlinbin

Sorry, I just noticed a typo in my original post - the model I was going to change it for is a V4600C not V4006C.

So do you recon that it's best I don't use a V4600C? I see that the way the main burner ignites will be different due to the gas pressure being initially lower and then ramped up, but then I'm not sure what the exact effect will be and what could go wrong!

Reply to
Aled Hughes

If this boiler has an O/H cut out it'll likely be in series with the thermocouple. Sometimes the connector is placed where the t/couple lead connects on the gas valve.

Make sure this is eliminated or else you will have an expensive time. Otherwise use the correct components.

Reply to
Ed Sirett