gas usage rates of condensing boiler -prepayment meter troubles

how much gas can a 24kw boiler use in say an hour? - in m3.

I've got the technical data but it doesn't say how much gas it will take, just heat output, burner pressures, injector pressures and power consumption, but the latter is in watts.

I think the gas meter isn't set correctly - i've got all the data and figures from 6th June to date and I used 150 m3 from that date to 4th November and from then to now i have used 155 m3....the house is below 16C almost all of the time, except for an hour per night before I go to bed, just to defrost myself so to speak.

It's very cold today and so I've craked up the roomstat and the boiler kicked on at 11.30, in that time my meter is showing .75 of a cube used, in another 10 minutes it will have used a full cubic metre.....I estimate that the boiler has only been actually burning for 80% of that time.

Reply to
Phil L

Approx 2.3 cu m/hr at approx 90% efficiency.

Try putting more insulation in the house.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Cheers

I have worked for several insulation companies, I think my house is probably better insulated than any other in this area ;-)

Reply to
Phil L

And you dont have gas cooking, water heating, clothes dryer. BTU input is stated for boiler, Ng is metered here in Cu.ft, Google a chart. Insulation is half of it, did you do a blower door test and get a printout, do you have a written lod calculation on the home. Meters rarely over read, its the oposite, Here I can demand a new meter. Is boiler set right, is temp low in the efficency range.

Reply to
ransley

24 units. i.e. about 2.2 m³.

Plausible.

1 m³ /hour is a plausible load i.e about 11kW averaged out. The boiler is likely a combi and has spent most of the time modulated down.
Reply to
Ed Sirett