Gas tarriffs

Gas bill came in for the last three months.Not an estimated bill and nothing owing from previous periods.Total inc vat was about =A31100. So,decided to finally look at changing suppliers.However when filling in the details on uswitch it refuses to believe the =A31100 amount saying it`s an error and shouldn`t be more than =A3540 so please correct.I can`t seem to get past this.Any ideas?

Mark.

Reply to
mark

I suspect you're not changing it to Annual Spend. £1100 works OK for me.

Reply to
Andy Cap

Sorry dived in ! :-( Perhaps they just think it's too much fo a private dwelling.

Reply to
Andy Cap

Do you blame them .£1100 for a quarter ..I know it was cold but FFS

Reply to
the realfictitious

What`s the point of an online form if it refuses to accept genuine information,According to it,the amount should be under =A3541.I sincerely wish it was but it`s not. Total over the year was =A32967 ex vat.House is 100 years old,brick walls with cavity,70% double glazed and the loft is insulated.Six bedrooms,three bathrooms etc,large rooms with high ceilings.

Is there a better site (one that works) than uswitch?

Reply to
mark

It's probably because you break the domestic tariff limit of 73,200kWh per annum.

Reply to
Mike

Mark.

From what I can gather by asking around, many people are receiving jaw-dropping bills this time around. We just had ours in and it was 735 quid for 3 months and two weeks. Electricity over similar period was over 600 quid. I know we're not the most energy-conscious household, but we also don't take the piss at how high we have the heating on etc. House is not old, is double glazed throughout, and reasonably insulated. I think that it's just the way it is now, if you're not going to get really silly at energy saving, and we're just gonna have to all get used to it ...

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

Mark.

You must be a British Gas customer! How many units did you use? If you pay by a fixed direct debit, like a loan repayment for a year which is split up - you need your head testing. Most companies try it on by doubling charges hoping you will give in and pay. It's so they can buy in advance at cut price, get a free loan and then make further money when they rip you off with high prices. I have a similar size house and the heating bill was £270 for the winter. Rooms at 21c and TWO combination boilers, one of which feeds hot water.

You are being ripped off but only have yourself to blame for staying with a company that is looking after the shareholders.

Reply to
Clive

No! Only people to thick to change company to sve a lot of money, in a lot of cases 50-70% by avoiding NPOWER and British Gas. You do realise NPOWER were overcharging their customers? Hve a read of the Martyn Lewis site and he has templates you can use to reclaim money fraudulently taken by NPOWER.

You are being overcharged, post how many units you used for each. Then we can all compare as people will be using different companies. The only thing I noticed was the 100% increase in electric costs in 6 months by Southern Electric because lots of people left and they never met the projected income figures for shareholders. The Southern electric gas prices are 110% cheaper than British Gas and also NPOWER. The gas price has gone down. You need to keep an eye on which company you are with, which tariff and also your method of payment - and never accept an estimated bill. Avoid fixed direct debits, always go for variable. Never stay with a company that consistently proves to be the most expensive such as British Gas and Npower.

I can never understand WHY people choose to stay with an expensive company and then complain.

It's only "your way" for people too thick and lazy to shop around. Why stay with a high priced company? You are genuinely thick, so are a lot of others by the look of it. The public could and should have put British Gas out of business by leaving them once they did the first price increase of 80% a few years ago. The idiots stayed so they screwed them for as much as possible and are still doing it. But you don't leave, you just cry about it on a newsgroup. get a life!

Reply to
Clive

David

im with Npower, my bill for the last 6 months was £450 or so, that was £320 for gas, the rest for lecky.

i pay so much a month direct debit, hence i only get statements every 6 months,

we are a couple, in a 3 bed 1948 built dormer bunglaow, very bad insulation.. i.e. none in places in the loft, crappy halsted boiler, keep the heating at 22 degrees all the time as i have joint problems, and any colder and i seize up,

Reply to
gazz

Yes it was really amusing, watching him on GMTV the other morning, trying to justify what he'd said earlier. Like some others, he should have simply said sorry. It would have looked much more honest.

A similar thing will happen with his bank charges campaign, where instead of just those too stupid to manage their monetary affairs - I mean they didn't notice that they were being charged £100s even £1000s - we will all end up paying for something that is to all intents and purposes, free. Brilliant.

Reply to
Andy Cap

Talking of shopping around, why stay in such a cold country? Here in NZ my annual bill for all energy is around 500 GBP.

Reply to
Matty F

And that would apply to all parts of NZ?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I take it you have learning difficulties given Mark says in the part you've quoted it is a quarterly bill?

Ah. So you just wanted to rant.

Sounds like the warmest place in your house would be in the freezer...

Fine. So pray tell us which company sells gas at approx 1/4 of BG by your figures?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Clearly though, we'd still have to rely on uk ng facilities ! ;-) No nz.d-i-y then ?

Reply to
Andy Cap

The crew on the production I'm currently working on includes 3 blokes from NZ. Must be lacking something across there if they come here to find work. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I thought in geography lessons all those years ago, they told me that NZ had a temperate climate, much the same as the UK. Does it depend on what part or which island ?

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

In article , Arfa Daily writes

In case you hadn't noticed, the post you replied to is from the latest sock puppet of uk.d-i-y's sad, part-time troll. He is not interested in debate, he is just here to wind people up and the nice folks here take the bait every time.

If you respond to this sad excuse for a person you are prolonging his visit, if you just ignore him, he will just shrivel up and die.

Please don't take the bait.

Reply to
fred

Notr really. From Auckland and north. Nelson is probably OK too.

Reply to
Matty F