gas supply pipe above a fireplace

Around here, it's hard to find a fitter who has time to call around to advise: I hope I have more luck at the commissioning phase...

Please can anyone tell me how acceptable it is to run a gas supply pipe above a coal fireplace? This is by very far the shortest route to a planned boiler & cooker, both at ground floor level. I had thought of going up and through the ceiling, & then running along the joists, which would give plenty of space away from the fireplace; through a partition wall (solid stone at ground floor but lath, plaster etc above

-I've got strong sleeving for this) -if running through first floors in this way isn't o.k., should I run the pipe below the ceiling level?

Reply to
crapbog

Running a gas pipe up a wall into the ceiling is ok provided its in the corner and covered with a plastic sheild or wooden,but cannot be buried into the wall and plastered over. Heating installers do this,but i'd say it was for convenience on their part.

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Thank you very much Your Lordship. There can't be many plumbers with such a pedigree?

-I'm not sure what you mean about the heating installers -are you saying they do what I'm planning to do or that they bury pipes in plaster? Anyway, I'll be putting the convenience in next...

Reply to
crapbog