Gas Safety Record Bonding Advice

"Earth Bond Meter within 600mm of Meter with 10mm Earth Cable"

Presumably new regs etc want earth bonding on the Gas Meter (I have a sticker about bonding on there), is this something I could do?. I can see that the pipes are earth bonded to what Im not sure.

Should I be overly concerned about this?

Reply to
gna03633

Yes this should be done, and is an easy DIY job

Information at

don't have to go via the water pipe but you can.

Both services should be bonded to the main earth terminal at the consumer unit.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

And there must be an unbroken connection from the bonding point to the earthing block. There must be no joined bits of cable or junction boxes. You can use the same cable for bonding several locations, but mustn't cut the cable, just strip off enough insulation in the middle to be held by the terminal.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

Random thought. Would welding be acceptable as a method of joining?

Reply to
Ian Stirling

On Mon, 10 May 2004 09:35:51 +0100, in uk.d-i-y "Christian McArdle" strung together this:

Unless you crimp any connections that you make that is.

Reply to
Lurch

Brazing, welding or soldering are also not allowed, although you can make a joint at an actual appliance earthing terminal, a proper compression crimp connector or a pipe strap, but nothing else is allowed because of the situation of a hidden junction box with a loose or broken termination within it.

Reply to
BigWallop