Gas pipe: distance between clips fixing it to external wall?

I need to fix a 15mm copper gas pipe, 5 mtrs long, horizontally along the outside of my house, about 10" above grond level. What is the correct distance between the clips, when fixing the pipe to the wall?

Thank you,

Al

Reply to
AL_n

That's the height someone can easily try standing on it. I would avoid routing gas pipes externally if possible, but particularly copper ones within reach of the ground, and most particularly horizontal runs within reach of the ground. Too easily climbed on resulting in damage, or stolen.

If you have to, I would suggest using iron pipework, but I've not done much iron myself, other than joining it to copper when someone else has already cut threads on it. Go for a size which will provide reasonable self-protection in the environment, even if that's larger than is necessary for the gas carrying capacity.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

1 metre apart, use the clips that fasten round the pipe. if your worried about people treading on it, you can get some ss cover, and screw that to the wall over it
Reply to
polly filler

"AL_n" wrote in news:Xns9F5771C0CCDC1zzzzzz@130.133.4.11:

The maximum permitted spacing for copper pipe up to 15mm is 1.5m horizontal and 2.0m vertical.

Heliotrope Smith

"polly filler" wrote in news:jeednc3J2O28c snipped-for-privacy@brightview.co.uk:

Thanks to all for the help. There is not much chance of anyone standing on the pipe, but if copper keeps going up in price, I guess theft could be a possibility! That's something that didn't occur to me.

Al

Reply to
AL_n

Chap next door needed to run gas from the front wall round to the kitchen at the back. Copper pipe, then covered it in mini-guttering and sealed it. Not too obtrusive and protects the copper, especially where it runs just below the doorsteps.

Reply to
PeterC