Gas pipe capacity

I understand how to manage the pipework now but tracking down a suitable flow switch is proving a bit difficult. I'm not contemplating the Rinnai Twinflow setup both because of the cost and the fact that it's far too high capacity for my needs. I just need to find a suitable flow switch, hopefully an industry standard one.

Cic.

Reply to
Cicero

Have look: Farnell supply flow switches Farnell number: 1006771 with 22mm compression joints.

Flow Switch, makers site: The FS06

flow switch is about the best - very good.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

What I am saying is that the Rinnai can do the CH when the CH boiler needs replacing.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

OK - thanks - found it. I'll have good look at the data sheet before I buy.

Cic.

Reply to
Cicero

CPC version:

John Rumm

It may need a NC contact switch or a throw-over.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

's a good price but I think I prefer the brass bodied type for ease of fitting into mains water supply if I do go this way instead of just upgrading the pipework.

Cic.

Reply to
Cicero

What model of Rinnai have you chosen?

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

>>> ================================================

I haven't chosen a model yet (it's a job for the Summer) but I'm seriously considering an exterior model. This or a higher capacity version:

Rinnai Infinity 16e External Multipoint Water Heater 35kW | Natural Gas

Provided that this has total weather proofing it will be easier to fit into the (approximate) space vacated by the present Worcester model which is under the kitchen sink drainer.

Cic.

Reply to
Cicero

Externals are neat. No flues needed. They save a lot of space in small homes. There are no external gas boilers, unless you make your own casing. One is available in Italy. They also have a balcony model that is designed to sit on balcony with minimal flue problems.

The external Rinnai can still do the house CH, using a flow switch, plate heat each and bronze pump. They take up little space in a house. You can have a DHW secondary circulation loop and the plate after the last tap. Then instant DHW at the taps as well.

The new condensing model I linked to is excellent and cheaper to run. However they do not import the external version yet. It took them long enough to import the condensing multi-point.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel