Gas oven + persomal y dont really want to know - be warned !!

OTT PERSONAL COMMENT You'll immediately think " why dosn't this lazy ******** google the answer himself? It's cos I'm having an excellent ti,e lying in bed listening to tne radio stoned like a junkie on presctiption drugs! I can type ok with my chordless keyboard lying down, ocasionally lookin at the monitor but can't usually sit up. Sometimes I get a rush of energy and can trot around the house doing things. Im which ccase I like to do some diy things like glue things to the wall. I can rise to the occasion and will easi;y read any replies. OK enough of that. I thought i'd tell you lest i get the obvious reply "sod off; google iy yourself. ............................................... RAMBLE Finishing off the kitchen I'd started. Total rip-out inc new concr floor. My wife is an excellent d-i-yer. I've beem sitting in the kitchen teaching her from an armchair how ro solder a copper-copper joint, and she successfully did some water pipe. I'll obviously use someone more experienced person to do the gas, poss even someone qualified and refistered.

QUESTION I want to install a fitted gas oven, but want it to be easy to uninstall in years to come. I think this entails coppering behind the cooker in the middle of the floor, fixing the gas input before it is fitted, and having the currently opem end of the pipe sticking sideways behind the adjaceent ordinary base ynit (AOBU) Then fit the oven in position. Then go to the wall behind the AOBU where the incoming pipe is and solder the final connection. Then fit the AOBU in such a way that it can be removed in 15 year's time ( more likely 3-5 years with Her!!) and the oven renewed and a new equally good but more expensive oven fitted..

Does that sound about right?

Cheers Tony.

Reply to
tonyjeffs