Gas-minimum supply pressure?

I have been searching the Gas Act and also the GSIUR for a paragraph which says something like ,the minimum supply pressure shall be x mb with a variance of x mb but i cant find anything as specific as that.
We know that there is an inference of a supply pressure with reference to working pressures but is there anything in law to say the supply pressure must be x?
joe

http://www.engineeringtalk.com/news/rll/rll102.html

So, a bit like a shower pump, but for gas? I wonder how large the 'anti-surge reservoir' can be? Mini-gasometer anyone?
Cheers Dave R
P.S. if we all had one would this still work? Or would we be sucking harder than the supply could blow?
On Sat, 01 Nov 2003 17:55:03 GMT, "BigWallop"

yes i found this but it doesnt answer my question ,i.e is there a statute which stipulates supply pressure and variance?

From a plan drawing of an old site I have, the system of supply from the main network seems to be 80 bar, then dropped to regional units at around 30 bar, then again down to local areas at 10 bar, and then again to localised regulators which are marked as 22mb. It definitely looks like the supply to the individual units is supposed to be around 22mb, or there abouts, for this site. Hope this info' helps a bit.
The drawing is twelve and a bit years old and covers a three hundred acre site of new housing and industrial units, but I wouldn't think this had changed all that much since then.
On Sat, 01 Nov 2003 22:42:20 +0000, tarquinlinbin wrote:

I think there was something about this in last month's Gas Installer (CORGI comic). On looking up the article, the summary is that there used to be no mimimum standards for Gas Transporters (i.e. Transco) to maintain (Although the intention and practice was and is generally good). They are now obligated to provide 19 mbar at the inlet to the governor which gives a worst case of 14mBar at the appliance (the meter is allowed 4mBar worst case) and the pipework (1 mBar). Manufacturers essentially have to make applinaces which will work safely with an inlet pressure of 14mBar.
The FAQ for uk.diy is at www.diyfaq.org.uk
On Sun, 02 Nov 2003 09:36:12 +0000, "Ed Sirett"

Thanks Ed,is there law quoted with this eg amendedment to the Gas Act or such like?
On Sun, 02 Nov 2003 20:29:46 +0000, tarquinlinbin wrote:

Apparently this is a change in BS 6400-1 which came into effect on 20/9/2002. Also this is an 'agreed' tightening of the law [1] which previously only stated that the pressure had to be 'sufficient to operate appliances safely'
[1] Gas Safety (Management) Regulation 1996.
The FAQ for uk.diy is at www.diyfaq.org.uk

Can't remember where I've seen it, and it may not have been a primary source (e.g. it might have been in the CITB training manual) but ISTR there is a statutory provision for a minimum sustained pressure of 21mb (IIRC) with allowance for the pressure to drop to about 17mb under short-term worst case conditions (sunday lunchtime in a winter freeze).