Gas meter capping - size query

No. I don't just mean registered with the CORGI authority. I really mean that the installer is CORGI Approved. They have proven to the CORGI Authority that they are competent in the installation of explosive gaseous mixture combustion appliances. I don't mean they have paid to get a little bit of paper. They have worked in front of and been supervised by a fully qualified Gas Installer to prove they can do it safely and competently to avoid loss of life through stupidity.

Please, go and read through the CORGI Website to get the full understanding of what CORGI Approval means. I can't be bothered arguing the point on here. Not with someone that has no clue on what it even means.

Bye Bye for now.

Reply to
BigWallop

Bloody speel chucker!!!!! It chungess all the wirds intwo unreedouble gibberush. :-) LOL

Reply to
BigWallop

CORGI or you may have got the wrong end of the stick at the time. They state quite clearly in at least one of their publications (Essential Gas Safety) that.

"Where installation pipework is already connected to a gas meter and work is in progress to extend the installation, the meter should be disconnected and both the open ends sealed with dust caps to prevent any 'flash back' to the air/gas mixture present in the meter."

This is as stated in the BS Regs and nowhere can I find any reference to any minimum distance from the meter that this may not be adhered to.

No way would I turn off the gas, cut into a 1 1/4 inch pipe and start soldering up a fitting with the meter only 7 feet from my face.

Yes. I am CORGI registered.

Reply to
Heliotrope Smith

Oh someone told you now. So you were guessing then. You are are such a josher! Such fun.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Bzzz! Wrong.

They just show Corgi some documents and they register them. "Competent"? That is proven by the actions not some bits of paper.

Corgi never did that.

I have and it is full of crap. Trying to pass a registration authority off as a maker and policeman of the laws.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Learn to read fully young man. Learn to read fully. My reply does not stop where you have. Don't edit my replies to suit your own thinking. That is very rude and annoying.

If you didn't understand the rest of my reply, then put all my replies in your blocked senders list. This will prevent you from directly receiving anything I post to the group.

I have read your replies to another thread on gas products, and I have noticed that your recommendations on such products changes with the direction of the wind. One reply says you know that "A" is the best on the market, then another of your replies in the same thread says that "B" is totally over and above the rest on quality and service.

I think if your were able to make your mind up, you would have a revelation and turn to religion as the best thing on the market. Because GOD ALMIGHTY man, you're making me feel religious at this point.

:-) LOL

Reply to
BigWallop

Sorry Guys. I can't put up with any more of this.

PLONK !!!!! Bye Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee !!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to
BigWallop

In message , Heliotrope Smith writes

You have no sense of adventure, you don't

Reply to
geoff

All meters do not have filters. Got it?

Reply to