Gas installation query ..

Basically I know very little re gas installation .. but recently my wife has been given a set of gas curling tongues .. question is .. do they have to be corgi installed ? .. And where does one mount the flue ? ..
thoughts please ..

hmmm, gas tongs and a CORGI's flue....
The possiblities are endless.
-- Richard Sampson

Owwoooooo !!! :-))

Curling your tongue is something you can either do or you can't - heated tools are not the answer and may give your mouth a nasty burn . . .
;-)
--
fred

Hmmm - my wife curls her tongue when gassing....
ngumwie wrote:

Yes, those gas cartridges they usually use are so expensive. So get a length of rubber pipe and connect it to your mains gas, thus saving maybe up to 1p/session!
All this Corgi stuff is overkill. When I were a lad up North and mains gas was hydrogen we used to fill large bin bags with it from the old wall mounted outlets for lighting. Tie a rag to the bottom, set light to rag and let it float off over the estate.... If you wanted a 2nd hand gas cooker installing in your council flat you got a mate who had a woodwork O Level to connect it up for a pint. So what if some of them exploded and took out the block, gave the residents who survived something to talk about other than their war experiences .... :-)

Northerners. Tsk..... ;)
PoP

saving
and
got
I have a plentiful (portable) supply of gas, not too sure where to get the fittings to harness it though?
On Thu, 6 Nov 2003 20:02:47 +0000 (UTC), "Martin"

http://www.sillyjokes.co.uk/p-jokes/toilet/whoopee-cushion.html
--

Dave

the
Rats! It's out of stock.
DO NOT i repeat DO NOT attempt to install this gas appliance yourself. You MUST be GORGI registered. It is not a DIY task and you will be breaking the law. It says so on a web page somewhere. bandq.co.uk?
It is not worth the risk for the sake of curly hair. I am speaking from no experience what so ever but have heard from somewhere that it is the case.
Are the tongs big enough to put a Gas Safety Certificate on?

<i>you will be breaking the law</i>
I understanbd from a CORGI bloke that legally you don't have to be CORGI registered for DIY gas work, only if you do it for reward (finacial or otherwise).
You do have to be "competent" however, and quite what that means that will be decided by the court if you blast/suffocate/poison yourself or someone else. The fact that you did blast/suffocate/poison yourself or someone else will probably go a long way to proving you aren't competent!
As for the gas curlers, the question may have been tongues in cheek. If it wasn't, my advice would be to be very careful, or it could be a case of hair today, gone tomorrow.
W.

tongues ..

gas, thus saving

and mains gas

old wall

light to rag and

council flat you got

pint. So what if

residents who

experiences .... :-)
On Fri, 7 Nov 2003 21:29:43 +0000 (UTC), "Woodspoiler"

perm-anently, in fact.
Something for the weekend?
.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Something for my weak end would be most welcome.
W.