Gas hobs on propane

Need to install a gas hob in a utilty room, but no mains gas. Are the majority of 'normal' hobs re-jettable for propane - indeed do they need re-jetting?

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

I've installed a couple of gas hobs in the past - and they've all required re-jetting for Calor gas (the alternative jets came with the hob). There's also a screw adjustment (in the ones I did it was either beside the control shafts or actually down inside the control shafts - fiddly!) that has to be set after the jets have been changed....

Adrian

Reply to
Adrian Brentnall

Need rejetting, and I think the choice may be smaller - need to make sure when you get it.

Reply to
Clive George

Every cooker I've encountered can be re-jetted. You'll need a different (red stripe) flexible hose too.

Reply to
nicknoxx