Gas Hobs

Do gas hobs with push button ignition switches need an electrical connection?

Reply to
Wesley

Maybe, it depends on whether they are piezo units, battery spark units or mains powered spark generators.

Once the flame is stable, probably not, as the flame failure detection is normally done by a thermocouple generating power to operate a small solenoid valve.

Reply to
John Williamson

modern ones normally, yes

older type has a battery, and even older ones a piezo

Reply to
Phil L

I'm thinking of this one specifically

can't find any information on it online and the electrician is coming on Monday so I need to know if an extra socket will be required.

Reply to
Wesley

> I can't find any information on it online and the electrician is coming on

well, put a wire to a blanking plate - and you'll need an extractor fan as well probably.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher