Gas Hob air requirements

I'm fitting a new LPG gas hob (in fact a Corgi guy will do the final connection as required by the B-Regs). The kitchen has not previously had any gas appliances and does not have an air-brick. Since the windows are all modern double-glazed sealed units, the only air input will be under the door from the hall. The current layout has a 12-inch Ventaxia Fan high on the wall (extraction for the electric cooking being replaced) and I had planned to brick this up.

The question: would putting in an air-brick at this high level (5ft above floor) be OK to provide the air input for the Hob/extractor? It will be easy to put a sleaved airbrick in there, and I can duct it to near the burners, plus the height will deter meeces and such.

I guess the alternatives are:

Don't provide an airbrick and let the air come from the house.

Or: Brick up the high level hole and put in a low level air brick.

R.

Reply to
<richard

Have a word with your corgi man or he might not connect it up for you!!!!!

Reply to
Maurice Hood

Why do you think cooking with gas will require any less extraction?

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

I don't know how you got that impression, I'm installing a 150mm chimney hood

700mm over the hob.

The ventaxia is in another corner of the room, and is broken to boot.

I am not concerned with extraction, but in not creating negative pressure and carbon monoxide hence my question was about air bricks and their location.

The reason I ask here rather than asking my installer, is that I don't trust installers, even if they are Corgi registered, so I want to know the answer BEFORE I ask him.

R.

Reply to
<richard

The ventilation requirements for the hob are not likely to exceed that for a cooker. Which in _general_ require

Reply to
Ed Sirett

The min hight is 760mm above the hob

Reply to
powerstation

Which regulation? The Neff (UK) Ltd installation booklet says 550mm for an electric hob, and 650 mm for a gas one (I have it in front of me now). I can easily make it 760 mm though - and probably will now, thanks.

R.

Reply to
Richard A Downing

Thanks, That's just what I wanted. I take it that 'permanent ventilation' means air-brick or equivalent and since you don't say this has to be anywhere particular, my old Ventaxia hole will do.

R.

Reply to
Richard A Downing

Quite easily given that you didn't tell us:

But did tell us you were blocking up the existing extraction.

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq