Gas grill auto ignition

Double gas oven with the upper oven having a grill in the top. If you turn the ovens or the grill on, they auto ignite.

Except an issue has developed with the grill....

Turn the grill on and it ignites, the sparking stops, burner runs as normal, then the sparking restarts and continues indefinitely while ever the grill is on. Obviously it senses that the grill has ignited via the spark gap, but beyond that, I have never had to try to fix such an issue before. Any suggestions as to what the problem might be please?

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Harry Bloomfield explained on 01/11/2012 :

Fixed!

The grill is some sort of a plate, with a multitude of jets to distribute the flame. I made a guess that there might not be enough of a flame near the igniter, so tried giving the area a good scrub over with an old tooth brush. Result, the igniter stops firing and remains off.

I guess the jets had become partially restricted due to the cooking of food.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

rectification also check electrode is in flame

Reply to
Jane