gas fire/stove pipe/cleaning - can i dismantle myself????

I have a 6yr old gas fire which looks like woodstove with 18inch fixed stove pipe up to chimney plate.

A v. large nest was retrieved today from top of chimney (on top of cowl which builder had fitted INSIDE chimney not on top). Bits of the nest went down (flue has a liner) and I am concerned there is debris inside the stove pipe/back of fire that has accumulated, although the fire is drawing much better now.

Question. Is it ok/an easy thing to dismantle stove pipe, hoover out, re-cement it back?... or do I really need to get a fitter to disconnect the fire, then a sweep to clean, then fitter to refit?

Reply to
eden.e