Gas fire connection

I had to remove a gas pipe from a fire today to rotate the pipe 180 degrees. In doing so a compacted fibre washer (?) came out and so needs to be replaced. Is it just a normal fibre washer? The flared connection, which has a captive locknut on it, at the fire measures 7/16" in diameter.

Is it a stock item? Does it need Fernox or summat to seal it?

Si

Reply to
Mungo "two sheds" Toadfoot

In article , Mungo "two sheds" Toadfoot writes

This is under the cap of the gas pedestal, yeah? It is a stock item but is prone to leaking, use a sealant (I used hermetite golden 'cos I had some handy) or buy what is now the approved 'bonded seal' which is a washer with a thin seal bonded to either side.

item 3346, about 2/3 down the page.

Reply to
fred

Thanks Fred - I'll see if my local plumbing supplier sells them.

Si

Reply to
Mungo "two sheds" Toadfoot