Gas fire cleaning

Anyone know if there are any difficulties in dismantling the front off a Thorn Housewarmer gas fire, still used occasionally in the living- room, saves firing-up the CH system. Some of the flames are yellow, I suspect the clay elements are dusty by now, its a few years old. I no longer have the manual for it. Any advice appreciated, thank you.

Reply to
4square

If you need to ask then you probably should be leaving it well alone. By the book all gas appliances need to be safety checked annually, this sort of appliance also needs checking in reality.

Reply to
Ed Sirett