gas down to garage - 3rd time

ok, thanks a lot to all so far....

trench dug and 28mm yellow MDPE in to take 21m run from house to garage to run combi.

i have done plenty of plumbing (including gas inside house) with the help of the group and intend to make the gas connections and get it all checked by a corgi at the end.

I intend to terminate the connections as transco would, buying all the stuff off BES website.

will this be ok with no special tools - MDPE to outside wall of buildings, GRP risers and cast iron through walls?

thanks again paul

Reply to
Paul J S Green

Some while ago I bought a copy of BS6891 which is the specification for gas pipework of up to 28mm in domestic situations - basically to check out sizing and other requirements.

Since you mentioned digging the trench, there are some specs for that which you might want to check before filling it in.

"Buried pipework in open soil or below vehicular traffic areas shall have at least 375mm of cover.

Buried pipework in or below concrete which has only pedestrian traffic shall have at least 40mm of cover for copper or steel or 375mm for polyethylene.

Where polyethylene installation pipework is run below a building, it shall be at a minimum depth of 375mm below the base concrete and shall not pass through the foundations"

Reply to
Andy Hall

hi paul! im planning a similar project as i have a gas blown air heater i want to install down my garage/workshop. when youve fininshed this project, could you summerise it and point me towards the right items i need to order on bes? i have had a look at the site and i am still none the wiser what i will need to order! i have bulk gas and will need to tap into it by the gas tank and take it about 30 or 40 metres to the garage...also with water pipe and armoured electrice wire. good luck mate!

steve

Reply to
r.p.mcmurphy