Gas cooker connector

I've had to disconnect my gas tumble drier in order to investigate a 'squeek--bang bang' from the drum. (combination of failed rear bearing and a penny in the works).

The quick release gas connector (as in cooker flexible hoses) is very stiff. Is there a recommended lubricant for these connectors?

Reply to
<me9

If I came across this problem I'd probably replace the bayonet outlet. If I was pressed to make a 'repair' I'd very sparingly smear silicone GREASE (cf. sealant) on the O-ring and/or the smooth surface it mates with.

Reply to
Ed Sirett