gas bottles

Hi All,

I have a Flo-Gas propane bottle in the garden... do you know if I could use this bottle in exchange for a Calor bottle?

TIA

Gerry

Reply to
Cuprager

|Hi All, | |I have a Flo-Gas propane bottle in the garden... do you know if I could |use this bottle in exchange for a Calor bottle?

Officially No, Calor Agents *Never*, But some LPG dealers will change anything for anything else they carry. Flo-gas is cheaper, Why do you want to pay more for LPG?

Reply to
Dave Fawthrop

Pardon my ignorance of the subject, but are the fittings on a Flo-Gas and Calor bottle the same? I just *assumed* that they would be different. (The bottle is for a fire that I dont yet have but the current user has it running off a calor bottle)

Thanks

Gerry

Reply to
Cuprager

|Dave Fawthrop wrote: |> On Wed, 02 Aug 2006 15:12:49 +0100, Cuprager |> wrote: |> |> |Hi All, |> | |> |I have a Flo-Gas propane bottle in the garden... do you know if I could |> |use this bottle in exchange for a Calor bottle? |> |> Officially No, |> Calor Agents *Never*, |> But some LPG dealers will change anything for anything else they carry. |> Flo-gas is cheaper, Why do you want to pay more for LPG? |Pardon my ignorance of the subject, but are the fittings on a Flo-Gas |and Calor bottle the same? I just *assumed* that they would be |different. (The bottle is for a fire that I dont yet have but the |current user has it running off a calor bottle)

For *propane* which you specifically mentioned the fittings are the same, but check visually.

For *butane* the fittings are usually different.

Reply to
Dave Fawthrop

Thanks.

Reply to
Cuprager

You could always "liberate" a calor bottle from the local tip on a rainy day when no-one is looking - you'd be suprised how many get dumped there. Not that I have ever....

Reply to
Bob Mannix

|>> For *propane* which you specifically mentioned the fittings are the same, |>> but check visually. |>>

|>> For *butane* the fittings are usually different. |> Thanks. | |You could always "liberate" a calor bottle from the local tip on a rainy day |when no-one is looking - you'd be suprised how many get dumped there. Not |that I have ever....

You quite often find them abandoned on the roadside.

Reply to
Dave Fawthrop

The message from "Bob Mannix" contains these words:

Ours has them kept in a cage with a big sign "We do not sell gas bottles". Actually, of course if you're friendly and offer suitable inducement (particularly if you do it quietly) you can get one easily.

Reply to
Guy King

Ah but people leave them *outside* the cage when they dump them. Rainy days are good as the operatives all hide in the hut. So I'm told.

Reply to
Bob Mannix

The message from "Bob Mannix" contains these words:

Ours don't seem to. They're a thoroughly helpful bunch, I've found. But then I know people who go there who think they're a bunch of bastards. But then they're the sort of people who think anyone who doesn't instantly drop everything and do their bidding has failed some sort of test.

Reply to
Guy King