Gas Boilers in bath/shower rooms

I am having a gas boiler replaced in my shower room/toilet.

I have been told by the installer that I have to fit or have fitted a cabinet around this new boiler ( when fitted) as a requirement. He said he will not commision the boiler until this is done. When I queried this and for what reason he quoted the wiring regs BS7671 state this is necessary.

Now from what I have been able to ascertain there is no requirement within these regs to fit this exterior cabinet.

I have emailed 'Corgi' and their technical services know of no requirement within BS7671 that compel the fitting of such cabinet.

Is there anyone who has an answer to this and if this requirement is in fact stipulated in this BS7671 ?

If it is, could they point me to its exact location or perhaps quote it here.

Thanks

woody123

Reply to
woody123

This has to do with the issue of electrical equipment used in bathrooms. It does depend on distances, however.

By placing the boiler inside a cabinet, it is possible to get around some of the limitations. It is not that there is a specific requirement to fit a cabinet.

Have a look at

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to