gas boiler thermocouple

Of the straw poll list. The number one avoidable problem would have been correct primary circuit layout to reduce air ingress. On the sealed systems it would have been maintaining primary pressure.

Hardly any of the boilers (that I took out) died due to poor maintenance as such.

In fact a significant cause of death was being inefficicent (2) or being conventional when they should have combi(>3).

Reply to
Ed Sirett

You just change the pump head, which is standard and available in many local sheds. The Microgenus's pump head appears to be a standard Willo with the body having 2/4 cxns.

Many are just kits with third party components: Grundfos pumps, Honeywell

3-way valve, Honeywell, gas valve, etc.
Reply to
IMM

In Germany all flues are taken through the roof. Few flues are taken through walls.

Reply to
IMM

In message , IMM writes

Apart from the obvious fault in the above, I'd say that's not at all true in my experience

Reply to
geoff

Have a look at a new German house.

Reply to
IMM

"IMM" wrote | > >In Germany all flues are taken through the roof. Few flues are | > >taken through walls. | > Apart from the obvious fault in the above, I'd say that's not at all | > true in my experience | Have a look at a new German house.

What about a new German flat? There are far more flats in Germany (59%) than in Scotland (38%) or England (19%) (from housing.odpm.gov.uk)

Owain

Reply to
Owain

In message , IMM writes

Why, have all the old houses been flattened again or something?

A significant percentage of Germans live in flats. You're telling me that someone living in a ground floor flat has a flue rising up six storeys or something?

Reply to
geoff

And the flues still go through the roof.

Reply to
IMM

Yep! U or C ducts

Reply to
IMM

In message , IMM writes

Well having lived in more German houses than you, I can say that you are, without a shadow of a doubt, wrong.

Reply to
geoff

They do have U and C ducts in Germany. These are common flues. What Stalag were you in?

Reply to
IMM