Gas Boiler Installation

He needs to look more. Good cheap condensing boilers are around. The new Halstead is very small and quite good and well priced.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Yes, things have changed.

But in the case of 'your' Prius, you claim the batteries and power train are guaranteed for what? 8 years? even although they're not. And also claim they'll last 15 or somesuch.

Which is just quoting adspeak. As usual.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

My new Worcester-Bosch come with a 1 year guarantee, two years if I fill in the spam-me card, have recommended service etc. I went to the W-B website to look at their maintenence plan. It seems that would cost £

186 pa for a service contract or 261 for the protection racket. which is more han a quarter of the capital cost of the new boiler. Which might suggest even five years of trouble free life may be pushing it.
Reply to
DJC

I got mine about 5 years ago. I did not sign any contracts, but I did have the receipt. A microchip went wrong three times. They warned me at the time (5 years ago remember) that if it was not faulty they would charge £83.50 call out. As it turned out, it was a known fault and eventually they redesigned the part and it cost me nothing. I had tried a local Corgi man who said he could get the part for ~£12 and fit it for about the same, but pushed me to hold them to their 1 year guarantee. Needless to say I use him for my annual service and would get him in if anything went wrong. So far.... fingers crossed.

Reply to
Jim Scott

Yes. Boy is this one dumb. The topic is boilers and he is on about a car guarantee.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Technology has left you well behind?

Hint. Just about everything these days is controlled by electronics. Microprocessors. And the design of those can be well done with a projected life of near infinity, or near zero if rubbish. And many of 'your' boiler makers try to design their electronics to only just survive the warranty period. So they can make large profits by replacements.

It's child's play to make electronics with no accurately projected life. Only those like you with no understanding of anything think failures are inevitable.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

No. Your brain has left everyone behind in its wandering. This is typical. Unable to focus. This displays that care in the community has failed. Tone will have to do something about it.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

You can't see the connection between electronics failures in boilers and electronics in general?

Boy are you dumb.

I'd recommend night school. You could learn much there.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Boy are you dumb. He confuses boilers, cars and now electronics. Senility. Sad but true.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Glad to see you got the boiler sorted. 8-)

I see no reason why the new boiler shouldn't give you substantially more than 10 years service although perhaps with a little more maintenance than the old unit.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

Yes. thanks for the advice a while back. Found a local corgi who did a reasonable job, though perhaps a case to illustrate why part P needs to apply to plumbers.

yes, thats what the plumber reckoned.

This weekend is dedicated to reinstating the floor.

next month the wet room, I hope.

Reply to
DJC