Gas boiler fired aga

Hi everyone,

I am halfway through a project where I'm building my own gas-fired aga. Basically, it consists of an old gas fired boiler (Potterton) which I have mounted at floor level at the base of a wall in the kitchen. I have then got my friend who works in iron-casting to create a bespoke shaped carcass which fits over the top of the boiler.

I am hoping that by using an air pump (think inflatable matress), I can pass enough air through the boiler to sufficiently heat the "aga".

My question to the group is whether I need any extra ventilation other than a standard flue for this project? I am guessing that the pumping of air into the boiler will mean less carbon monoxide build up - but I could be wrong.

Any advice much appreciated.

TIA

Seymour

Reply to
SFlitcroft

Take a read of the various gas safety, installation and use legislation and the need for type approval etc etc etc. Then abandon the idea!

Very wrong indeed. Forced draught burners can be extremely dangerous in the wrong hands. For example an indistrial blown gas burner can, with only a very minor tweak of the air adjustment to either side of optimum, become a really serious Carbon monoxide generator. Under air = CO, over air = CO Drop the idea now before you or your family need measuring up for a wooden suit.

See above

Reply to
John

Competent DIY gas fitting is legal. DIY gas appliance manufacture isn't.

Reply to
Ed Sirett