Gas boiler cleaner.

I'm in the middle of servicing my non-condensing boiler, which hasn't been since it was installed several (10?) years ago. Inside, it generally looks in OK condition, apart from the yellow buildup on the heat-exchanger fins. Some of this is easy to clean off, but most isn't.

What is the yellow buildup, and is there an easy chemical solution to removing it?

My first guess was sulphur.

Reply to
Ian Stirling

In message , Ian Stirling writes

Use a wire brush to clean the heat exchanger fins

Reply to
raden