Garden Shed prices?

(I mean the wooden things in the garden and not B&Q!)

Having had a very quick look around the local garden centres etc. a 4'x6' wooden shed looks like coming in at around 250 quid (including delivery and construction, but not making the ground good as far as I can see). Is this about right or should we be able to find something cheaper (web links anyone?) - it is only for a lawn mower and a few garden tools / tool boxes. I am in Manchester if anyone knows of cheap supppliers in the area.

cheers

Dave.

Try this company, we looked at them for our log cabin, they seem very reasonable.

Sarah Hodge

There's also a small local firm in Northwich which appear sound from a recent personal visit

Pete Stockdale

Reply to
Peter Stockdale

A little dearer and not as close to you is The Shed Factory at Colne ( just off end of M65 ). They make sheds that don't bounce when you walk in them ! we payed £500 for a 8ft x 6ft with windows about 5-6yrs ago and it's survived each winter (10miles of open fields behind it in Rossendale ) with just a coat of shed paint ( cuprinol ) each summer, only prob was felt blew off in a gale but it's glued on now with bitumen..........

Reply to
Pete Cross

Not quite what you are looking for, but if you are after a garden shed and can live without it being a wooden one......

I was in CostCo a couple of weeks ago. You can join CostCo for a small fee (as a private individual as well as company member).

CostCo had an 8x6x7 shed - in plastic, including base, windows and doors. Came to under £300:

'm gonna get me one of these - no creosoting, no maintenance, no leaks.

PoP

PoP