Garden Shed prices?

(I mean the wooden things in the garden and not B&Q!)
Having had a very quick look around the local garden centres etc. a 4'x6' wooden shed looks like coming in at around 250 quid (including delivery and construction, but not making the ground good as far as I can see). Is this about right or should we be able to find something cheaper (web links anyone?) - it is only for a lawn mower and a few garden tools / tool boxes. I am in Manchester if anyone knows of cheap supppliers in the area.
cheers
Dave.

and
boxes.
Try this company, we looked at them for our log cabin, they seem very reasonable.
http://www.shedsmart.co.uk/page326.html
Sarah

4'x6'
this
Thanks Sarah, thats along the same lines as I am seeing around here.
> > > (I mean the wooden things in the garden and not B&Q!) > > > > > > Having had a very quick look around the local garden centres etc. a > 4'x6' > > > wooden shed looks like coming in at around 250 quid (including delivery > > and > > > construction, but not making the ground good as far as I can see). Is > this > > > about right or should we be able to find something cheaper (web links > > > anyone?) - it is only for a lawn mower and a few garden tools / tool > > boxes. > > > I am in Manchester if anyone knows of cheap supppliers in the area. > > > > > > cheers > > > > > > Dave. > > > > > > > > Try this company, we looked at them for our log cabin, they seem very > > reasonable. > > > > http://www.shedsmart.co.uk/page326.html > > Thanks Sarah, thats along the same lines as I am seeing around here.
There's also a small local firm in Northwich which appear sound from a recent personal visit www.cheshiresheds.com
Pete Stockdale
A little dearer and not as close to you is The Shed Factory at Colne ( just off end of M65 ). They make sheds that don't bounce when you walk in them ! we payed 500 for a 8ft x 6ft with windows about 5-6yrs ago and it's survived each winter (10miles of open fields behind it in Rossendale ) with just a coat of shed paint ( cuprinol ) each summer, only prob was felt blew off in a gale but it's glued on now with bitumen..........
--
Pete Cross

"Peter Stockdale" < snipped-for-privacy@btopenworld.com> wrote in message

Not quite what you are looking for, but if you are after a garden shed and can live without it being a wooden one......
I was in CostCo a couple of weeks ago. You can join CostCo for a small fee (as a private individual as well as company member).
CostCo had an 8x6x7 shed - in plastic, including base, windows and doors. Came to under 300:
http://www.outstanding-keter.com/prod.asp?ins=3&cat=5&pr
I'm gonna get me one of these - no creosoting, no maintenance, no leaks.
PoP