Garden Pond Pump

Hi. Anyone installed one of these? I'm just a bit concerned about running a cable around the edge of the garden and I'm not sure if the transformer plugs into the wall or stays outside. Suggestions and comments welcomed.

Danz

Reply to
Horse With No Name

Mine is a 240 volt pump Cable is in rainwater downpipe buried in the ground along with the water feed to the filter tank which is next to the garage That cable and the one for the uv filter then go into the garage

If you are installing a low voltage pump put the transformer indoors in an existing socket As the cable outside is low voltage the cable is not such a safety issue

Tony

Reply to
TMC

Do you (or anyone else) know the pros and cons of normal vs low voltage?

Danz

Reply to
Horse With No Name

In message , Horse With No Name writes

The low voltage pumps seem fine and are much safer. I guess the thicker wire in the windings could even make them more reliable.

Reply to
Clive Mitchell

The low voltage ones need thicker cable. Unless its a big pump you won't notice this.

I recommend the low voltage ones as they are much safer.

Reply to
dennis