Garden Machinery Engine

Where can I buy a cheap( prob. Chinese) replacement engine for a Rotavator Thanks E

Reply to
Leveled

I can't be arsed to give you a URL, go to ebay, go to

Business, Office & Industrial > Agriculture/ Farming

or

Business, Office & Industrial > Industrial Supply/MRO > Generators

And search for "engine"

Reply to
Steve Firth

What make of engine was in it? If a Honda getting a drop-in replacement will be easy, I've recently bought a 200cc "Loncin" engine from ebay for a generator and it works fine.

Alan.

Reply to
Alan

If its was a Briggs & Stratton engine, about 90% of cylinder mowers end up in your local tip with a still working engine. Machinmart do new replacement engines, but they ant cheap.

cheap crap is available on ebay

Mark

Reply to
Leveled

B&S spares are fairly easy to come by. Look up dealers in your area via =

the B&S website and ring one up. It won't be particulary cheap though, between =A370 and =A380. May well be worth trying to "rescue" one from t= he local dump. What's up with the engine you have?

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Where are you? I have a B&S Quantum 35 in a much-repaired-but-now-sadly-irreparable lawnmower body. If you don't want it, is anyone else interested (Cambridge area)?

Douglas de Lacey

Reply to
Douglas de Lacey

Indeed. Chances are a head off, valve regrind and the like will get it going..some get bent cranks if direct driving cutting heads, but thats not the case with a rotovator.

Most people junk these when they 'fail to start' - with 4 strokes its burnt valves, with 2 strokes usually needs a new piston cylinder.

I was delighted to sell an old Midget engine once..'are you sure you want it, the compression is virtually zero'

'sure beats one with a conrod poking out the side of its crankcase' was the reply.. :-)

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

B&S spares are fairly easy to come by. Look up dealers in your area via the B&S website and ring one up. It won't be particulary cheap though, between £70 and £80. May well be worth trying to "rescue" one from the local dump. What's up with the engine you have?

Reply to
Leveled

Ah shagged then. B-) These little engines for lawn mowers aren't rated for many hours, probably lucky to get 500hrs out of em. Ample for lawn mowing, thats about 500 cuts or >10 years...

Yes, I know it's a tiller but it still won't be expected to run for as long as a generator.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice