Garden hose connector

I've got:

a) a garden hose with a permanently attached 1" screw thread (Magna Hose from the USA) b) an outdoor tap 3/4 inch in diameter

How can I connect them? Is there an adapter to either step up or step down these diameters? If there is, I'd be grateful if you could point me towards a supplier.

Many thanks Peter Green

Reply to
Peter Green

Are these the *actual* diameters, or the notional diameters? For example, a pipe with a 3/4" BSP thread (British Standard Pipe Thread) on the outside has an outside diameter of about 1" - and an *inside* diameter of about

3/4".

If you have quoted the actual diameters, the chances are that the thread on the tap is 1/2" BSP and the (presumably female?) thread on the hose fitting is probably 3/4" something or other - most likely an American thread. I think that American pipe threads are similar to BSP - but probably not identical. You can certainly get hose adaptors to go from 1/2" BSP to 3/4" BSP from any good hardware shop or garden centre. The question is whether the 3/4" end will screw into your American hose. Take the hose along to a shop and try it!

Reply to
Set Square

Not sure if this is an answer to your question Peter but I came across similar recently.

I was round a friends and noticed a chain of connectors on the outside time, most of which were leaking when in use. I suggested you could get a plastic scew=on hoselock adaptor that would get rid of most of the bits (inc clamp up tap connector hanging off the hose connector bit).

I went out and got the Hoselock bit (yellow with white threaded insert) , removed the brass bit from the tap (with mole grips because it had been fitted very tight on without the 'O' ring) and then found that neither thread fitted the tap (doh).

I just replaced the tap with a new twin valve jobby and now it's all lovely ;-)

All the best ..

T i m

Reply to
T i m