Garden Fencing

English bags were 8st (20 to the ton). Irish ones were 10st (16 to the ton). I don't know what size they were in Scotland or Wales.

Reply to
<me9

LOL If all other avenues of an argument fail just quote H&S I'll leave you with a video of a girl doing repeated 68Kg squat lifts

Mark

66kg post isn't difficult, carrying one is.
Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Its only the overhang that makes carrying one interesting not the weight as you implied, the knack of lifting one on your own is being able to squat to get the post with its balance point at your shoulder before lifting, once its on your shoulder its fine.. as long as you don't try to make any sudden change of direction.

-
Reply to
Mark

Yes they were (still are) referred to and ordered by the hundredweight bag from a coal merchant. I used to have a part-time Sunday job in the winter delivering them, surprising what you will do to try and keep up with the mortgage payments.

-
Reply to
Mark

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "The Medway Handyman" saying something like:

Most coal merchants/stockists around here and elsewhere - it's the standard size.

That seems to be the norm for urban stockists for ease of lifting it into the boot of the car, I assume.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Unusual. Elfin Safety IIRC sets maximum liftable entities at 35kg.

That's normal commercial maximum hand load

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher