Garden fence advice needed

What is the best fencing method nowadays? Six foot height. I suppose concrete posts and concrete gravel boards? Is there anything that lasts a fair time? Plastic panels? Cost per yard? Suggestions gratefully received.

Reply to
Chris

FWIW: I have a friend who installed "hit and miss" fencing, which is very sturdy -- I like it a lot because of the wind resistance (or non-resistance!). However it's expensive, and I couldn't tell you if it'll last longer than conventional fencing.

J.

Reply to
Another John

In message , Another John writes

Metposts (or similar). Easy to install, easy to replace. Seems to last well (my 70' long, 5' fence is still OK - put up around 1983).

Reply to
Ian Jackson

Same with mine, but I don't think you can buy metaposts of the same quality nowadays. Now, I would use reinforced concrete posts into the ground. You can do this either by using concrete spur posts with timber posts bolted to them above ground (my preference) or entirely concrete posts.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Andrew Gabriel wrote: Same with mine, but I don't think you can buy metaposts of the same

Locally I can buy dipped galvanised metposts in heavy gauge steel, Not that expensive.

Reply to
Capitol

+1. Would be my preference too
Reply to