garden decking

We're going to have some decking put down in the garden next spring, but we can't decide between hardwood or a wood/plastic composite. The latter seems to have advantages and in the showroom looks good, but we can't find anyone local who has a non-recent installation which we can look at. What does this stuff look like when it weathers? Are there disadvantages to it? Would I be better off sticking to hardwood?

Any information gratefully received.

Geoff Bayes

Geoff Bayes

What's wrong with softwood?

Reply to
dennis

Good point :-)

I recieve daily Google alerts whenever 'decking' comes up on the web & subscribe to a USA decking group. The composites are popular in the US, but a major manufacturer is having to recall loads of stock from the sheds due to quality problems.

That's the problem AFAIC - its too new over here to have stood any test of time. You know where you are with wood, hard or soft.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman