Garage Roof Replacement

Hi all - First post of many I'm afraid!!

I've just inherited a house which hasn't had any work done on it in 34 years. Usual house 3 bed semi with garage to side First job so I can store stuff is the garage roof. All the felt has gone and the boards on the roof have rotted. How much would you say I would be looking at to get it reboarded and felted and is there any recommendations in Shropshire. Many Thanks!

Reply to
MikeS

Not a difficult DIY job as long as the joists/rafters holding the boards are sound. A few sheets of waterproof OSB and a roll or two of felt, materials under £100 depending on size of garage, only a days work.

You may need to replace the flashing between the house & the garage roof, around £25 for flashing & primer from Wickes.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

If there's the money available (and it's not a lot more). I'd go for replacing with a pitched tiled (or slated) roof. It also gives more storage space, and lasts much longer.

Reply to
<me9