garage roof felt

My neighbour and I have had our garage roof re-felted. It's (obviously) a flat roof with the slope front to back. I'm happy with the work, but neighbour asked whether felt strips should run front to back (with slope, as has been done) or side to side? Any please care to voice an opinion? Many thanks,
--
Richard
remove my name to reply

Hi Richard,
There is no hard and fast rules on this. As long as it does the job right, then it's OK by me. If it were a case of it flapping about in the wind or leaking every time it rained, then I'd be furious.
--
BigWallop

http://basecuritysystems.no-ip.com

Richard It should be laid from the lowest point the back, to the highest point the front. so that any water running down the roof flows over the seam and on to the other sheet.All seams should be sealed with either hot pitch or glue. The under felt should be laid at 90 degrees ie side to side.Rob
Richard wrote:

Sounds like its been done the wrong way to me.