garage roller door motors?

I wish to motorise my garage roller door, are there any types of unit that would be recommended, and likewise any that should be avoided.

Reply to
Richard

Go for something with the motor in a box at the side (if you possibly can). The motors embedded inside the roller are prone to overheating if used too often, somewhat unreliable, and a _fearsome_ price to replace.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

I believe there is a european manufacturer 'Somphy' or similar sold in the various sheds in France and Belgium. Try Leroy Merlin in France

PhilC

Reply to
PhilC

Here is a Merlin at =A3170, I looked at on ebay, listing number

220058586062, Im not sure what they retail for in the real world. This one would do the job, would be reasuring to hear from someone who has had one running for a couple of years though.
Reply to
Richard