Garage floor

Evening all, I am about to concrete my garage floor.It is 4.4m x 6.6m and when it is finished it will have a 5 ton truck on it. Is 100mm of hard core / scalpings compacted down and then 100mm concrete with reinforcing mesh in it satisfactory for the weight ??
Rich
Hello Rich

I'd say yes, but for a more technical answer; http://www.pavingexpert.com/
--
Simon Avery, Dartmoor, UK
Are you laying this in two slabs,or one,the first would be my preference with expansion also are you building on the edge of the slab,if you are then make it thicker and wider at the edge something like 200 x 400 if it is a prefab type garage

Hello Rich

Definitive: http://www.pavingexpert.com /
An expansion is usually put in on something this size to prevent cracking, but as it's undercover it's not going to be subject to such extremes of heat and expansion.
Even if you did decide to add an expansion strip (typically a 1/2" strip of wood) then you would still lay it in one load.
--
Simon Avery, Dartmoor, UK