Garage door opener

Chamberlain 5000 garage door opener. Today the door has started reversing its travel during closure, which is a new symptom.
Maybe it's the colder weather making things a bit stickier, however I thought I'd check to see whether others might have experienced the same?
Have notched up the push potentiometer a tad, that seemed to cure it. Just curious whether maybe the opener is showing the first signs of terminal illness.
PoP
PoP wrote:

My 10 year one does this occasionally. It reminds be to do the safety checks you are supposed to do once a month.. and lubricate the moving bits. Great gadget, wouldn't be without one now, only brought it down on car's open hatchback once :-)
Disconnect the door from the opener and check it manually for free operation. If there is a misalignment of the track you'll feel it jam slightly and you just need to realign it.