Garage door opener

Chamberlain 5000 garage door opener. Today the door has started reversing its travel during closure, which is a new symptom.

Maybe it's the colder weather making things a bit stickier, however I thought I'd check to see whether others might have experienced the same?

Have notched up the push potentiometer a tad, that seemed to cure it. Just curious whether maybe the opener is showing the first signs of terminal illness.

PoP

Reply to
PoP

My 10 year one does this occasionally. It reminds be to do the safety checks you are supposed to do once a month.. and lubricate the moving bits. Great gadget, wouldn't be without one now, only brought it down on car's open hatchback once :-)

Reply to
BillR

Disconnect the door from the opener and check it manually for free operation. If there is a misalignment of the track you'll feel it jam slightly and you just need to realign it.

Reply to
Roly