'Garage door open' warning light

We've got a new sectional garage door that's for ever being left open if the button to close it isn't pressed as soon as we've finished with it and are back in the house.

Has anyone got a simple warning light solution that I could install inside the house that will illuminate when the door has been left open. Preferably not requiring wiring being installed as I've just tidied up after wiring the button.

And yes, I know it's much simpler just to remember to press the button to close it, but it's not happening.

I had exactly this problem with my garage door. Arranged a push button / momentary action switch on the frame with a suitable striker plate. Bulkhead fitting on exterior wall with 15w lamp visible from house. Door open - light on.

hth Nick.

Reply to
Nick

Easy enough to get a general purpose wireless link device from the likes of Vellerman, and adapt it to give a door open warning. But then you'd have to remember to replace the batteries...

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Not a particularly cheap solution but it would be wireless - a LightwaveRF Wireless magnetic door/window switch and one of their in-line wireless relays to which you could attach whatever type of lamp you chose.

Reply to
rbel