Garage Door

Eventually getting round to it...

Was trying to find least expensive wire brish for angle grinder when I fell across polycarbide abrasive wheels.

"Ideal for use with angle grinders for automotive, engineering, DIY, marine and other applications for the removal of paint/rust and other flaking materials. Manufactured from nylon woven cord with a polyurethane coating impregnated with silicon carbide on a plastic backing disc."

This sounds as if it might be nicer to use. But I do still want to get the job done decently. Anyone got experience of both wire and this new-fangled polycarbide? Which is easier, better to use?

Really only got one garage door to do so product lifetime doesn't seem to be much of an issue.

Reply to
polygonum

Not in a grinder, but in a drill - and there's no comparison. The polycarbide are a league ahead.

TBH, I'm not sure I'd want to use either in a grinder - far too fast.

Reply to
Adrian

*Some* of 3M versions of those are suitable for angle grinder use depending on the rpm of the grinder (Bosch 4.5 inch angle grinders are 11000rpm) 10000 rpm limit
11000 rpm lmit
The Other Mike