garage consumer unit

thanks to everyone for all help previously.

i need to get a completion certificate from the council for my garage (scotland) and they're talking about certification of the electrical installation.

i'm fine with paying to get someone in to certify what i've done but i'd like to check with the group what my exposure is to "push back cap...." and "....here's a quote to put it right"....

the house has an uncomfortable, old fused system with a separate fuse taking

6mm cable down to garage in heavy 10mm SWA.

once in the garage it's into an old merlin gerlin CU i already had. this unit has 100a isolator and 2 MCBs rated for the ring main and lighting circuit.

  1. is there a mandatory CU insulation requirement in a dry, non hostile garage environment?

  1. with my house wiring situation being so primitive. is it ok to replace the 100a isolator with an appropriately rated RCD?

many thanks in advance, paul

Reply to
Paul Green