gap filling glue

In an earlier post someone said that they used a german, expanding, gap filling glue for a newell post / handrail mortice and tenon.

Anyone have a name for it ?

Thanks

John G

Reply to
JG3

Gripfill will do the job or screwfix do a rapid polyurethane wood adhesive that's also gap-filling. I used it when I rebuilt my conservatory - sticks like the proverbial to a blanket!

You should be able to source similar at any decent builder's merchants.

Reply to
wanderer

Can't help with the German product, but I used an American, expanding gap-filling polyurethane adhesive called Gorilla Glue very successfully for the same job. It is avalable in the UK.

CRB

Reply to
CRB

One thing to be aware of with PU glues, is that although they do fill gaps, in the gaps there is little strength. Therefore if the joint has large gaps, it may be better to pack with slivers of wood as well...

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

Not sure about a name but it is german

do fantastic quality screws. "Officially" trade only but quite happy to accept orders from a "self build"

Nick Brooks

Reply to
Nick Brooks