Galvanised roofing members - venting requirements ?

If I use galvanised steel roofing members instead of timber, they cannot rot. How does this affect the roof ventilation requirements in comparison to a conventional timber roof ? Thanks, Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

If I use galvanised steel roofing members instead of timber, they cannot rot. How does this affect the roof ventilation requirements in comparison to a conventional timber roof ? Thanks, Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

rust, rot, both caused by damp and lead to failure.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

The ventilation requirements are the same.

In addition, the likelyhood of cold bridging and increased risk of condensation forming on the steel, may require greater insulation detailing on top of the steel, and around the roofspace generally

dg

Reply to
dg