Gainsborough ambassador shower

Hi

My wife noticed that the thermostatic gainsborough ambassador shower was dripping from around the dial today, so I removed the cover to identify where the water was coming from (with the water supply off).

However, as soon as I turned it back on again the centre dial of the thermostatic cartridge flew out with the pressure of the water, and now I can't reassemble it in any way which actually allows the shower to turn off. It is permanently on!!

The part in question is the very tip of this

anyone have any experience with the "right" way to reassemble? The dial seems to fit onto a pink threaded plunger which inserts through the thermo cartridge.

Failing that, how simple would changing the cartridge likely be? Simply a matter of unscrewing the existing one and replacing with a new one?

THanks in advance for any help!

Matt

Reply to
matthew.larkin